Who’s on Pinterest?: A Quick Look at Pinterest Demographics
This article is also available in audio via the link below. Continue below to read the full length written version.
As with any marketing strategy, before you dive in, you want to start by asking, “Who’s my audience? Who’s seeing my content, and what can I do to tailor it for that specific group?”
Thankfully, Pinterest provides some great insights on the demographics of its core users. According to the data provided on their site, Pinterest users tend to be:Thankfully, Pinterest provides some great insights on the demographics of its core users. According to the data provided on their site, Pinterest users tend to be:
- Young: Half of U.S. millennials (ages 22-37 as of 2018) have a Pinterest account.
- Family-Focused: In America, 7 in 10 moms and 1 in 3 dads use Pinterest. Also, 60% of households that use Pinterest have children 5 or under.
- Interested in Self-Improvement: 61% of Pinterest users say they find ideas that help them to become their best selves.
- Financially Comfortable: 40% of Pinterest users make a household income of over $100k.
- Predominately Women: But this is changing! While ~70% of its users are female, Pinterest has recently seen a 50% increase in male users.
For a winning strategy, focus on appealing to families, women, and/or young consumers. For example, show how your product can make life easier for busy parents. It’s clear these users have a good deal of buying power, and they’re willing to use it to buy something that promises to improve their lives.
Thanks for reading.
About the Author
Mike Speer is a digital marketing executive at Michaels Wilder. Tune in daily for new content and other updates from Michaels Wilder that focus specifically on building your businesses digital presence. Sign up for our exclusive Inner Circle Newsletter, which will have exclusive content for Business Owners and Marketers that will not be posted on social platforms.
Want to work with us? We know making a phone call isn’t always convenient in real time and we understand that.
Contact the author directly in any format below:
- Text: 512–361–8716
- Email: MSpeer@MichaelsWilder.com
- LinkedIn Inbox: — Send request with note, “Interested in working with you” and your message will be returned within 24-hours.