Why Should You Use Instagram for Your Business?
It seems like everyone—from your 10-year-old niece to the neighbor’s dog— has an Instagram account nowadays.
In fact, Instagram recently hit one billion monthly users, and around 8% of those logins come from business accounts. Although the vast majority of big brands can be found on Instagram, just over half of all small businesses have an Instagram account as well, according to recent surveys.
So, if you’re part of that half that’s been sleeping on Instagram, take this as your cue to finally give it a try. Hey, if Fido the Goldendoodle next door can get 2,000 likes for posing with a leaf on his head, surely there’s a place for your business to shine on Instagram, right?
If you still need some persuading, check out these 5 reasons why small businesses love Instagram:
- Their customers are on Instagram. Social media helps businesses engage with their customers and gain valuable insights into their preferences. If your customers are on Instagram, that’s where you should be as well.
- Instagram, more than any other platform, is the place people go to keep up with the Joneses and follow emerging trends. Staying “in the know” is key to engaging with users across social media platforms, and Instagram is the best tool to do just that.
- People are more likely to share and engage with visual content than with written content. Why is that? Well, visuals are processed by the brain 600,000 times faster than text. Our brains are wired to take in visual clues very quickly, so people naturally gravitate toward and engage with visual content more than they do with text alone.
- Instagram lets businesses get personal. With small and local businesses, especially, people want to connect with the faces behind the brand. Instagram is one of the best places to do that. Along with product and inspiration photos, businesses post behind-the-scenes content to Instagram. This openness helps build trust between them and their customers.
- Instagram is business friendly. According to the company’s latest statistics, 80% of Instagram users follow at least one brand. Also, about 60% of users discover products on Instagram, and 75% of users take action (like clicking a link or visiting a website) after seeing a branded post.